Selamat Pagi. Ola. Bonjour!
There are tens of thousands of Insight users who don't speak English.
One of the revelations we discovered while testing 1.5 is the large number of groups in 'foreign' languages. (Did you know there are now over 3,000 groups).
Over the next few months we're introducing 3 initiatives which will be more inclusive of our non-english speaking community.
1. A new language filter for Groups so it's easier to find interests in local languages
2. Translations of these product announcements
3. Insight Ambassadors!
WHAT ARE INSIGHT AMBASSADORS?
For each language other than English (see list below) we're appointing one or two users who will be able to answer basic help questions, engage with the community, and provide feedback to our product team in English.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- A small Ambassador icon will appear next to your photo indicating you are an Insight Ambassador and supporting the Insight team.
- You will be able to roam from group to group (in your language) to answer questions.
- Your photo will appear on our newly designed website (coming soon) as an Insight Ambassador.
- You will administer an Insight community group (eg: "Insight Comunità Italiana"), and
- You will receive my Announcements in advance and publish a translated version.
Initially the role will be on a volunteer basis but it may become a paid part-time role depending on the level of work that is required. We anticipate between 3 to 5 hours a week. Importantly, you will already be an active member of our community and understand the features (and limitations) of Insight groups.
So, are you an Insight Ambassador!? If so please send an email in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject heading of your email should be: "Insight Ambassador - Insert your language - volunteer". Here is a list of Languages/Communities we are starting with:
With much gratitude
P.S.: The last time we posted a position we received over 500 applications - so we may not be able to reply to all applications.