THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR ANDROID USERS ONLY
I am happy to report that Timer 2.0 for Android is finally here.
As noted 6 months ago, we are consolidating the Black icon app and White icon app into one single app. This is to reduce costs associated with managing two separate but identical apps.
THE BLACK ICON ANDROID APP IS BEING RETIRED.
All Android users are being migrated across to the White icon app. (You do not have to migrate, but the black icon app will no longer receive any future updates. If you wish to experience Timer 2.0 and future updates, you will need to be on the White icon app).
- BLACK ICON APP USERS
If you are migrating across from the BLACK ICON app, simply download the white icon app from the Play Store and login using your existing username and password. Verify your presets, journal entries and stats are accurate then delete the black icon from your device. You do NOT need to pay anything for this migration. Black icon app users who migrate over to the White app will notice that the bells and ambient packages have been gifted to them free of charge as a token of our appreciation. (You will need to click RESTORE PURCHASES).
- WHITE ICON APP USERS
If you are an existing user of the White Android icon app, simply download the update as normal from the PlayStore and login.
INSIGHT TIMER IS NOW FREE
Insight Timer is now FREE for all Android users. Some of you may wish to optionally purchase audio content (bells and ambient sounds) but you no longer need to purchase an upgrade to enjoy Insight Timer's premium features like presets or journals.
NEW TIMER 2.0 FEATURES
- Session extensions: Extend your meditation sessions without opening your eyes and then log the extra minutes with a single tap. (Please note this feature is only available with the Timer - we will be rolling this feature out for Guided Meditations shortly).
- Infinite time (count up, not down): It is now possible to meditate without a pre-determined time limit and log your minutes on completion
- Silent vibration: You can now select a silent vibration instead of a bell for the start/end points
- Ambient sounds: It is now possible to select ambient music which loops continuously in the background while you meditate. There are 5 beautiful free sounds and 2 optional collections for purchase, with many more to come. (Musicians please reach out to learn more about promoting your music).
- Interval bells: A new interface for creating interval bells. And an ability to toggle between List view and Timeline view.
- Presets: It's now possible to re-order and re-name your presets.
- Audio controls: We've built a new screen for adjusting individual audio items. (Click the volume icon next to the start button). It is now possible to specify different volume levels for different sounds. So if you want louder bells but softer ambients, you can!
- Thanks for meditating: We've designed a new post-meditation process which doesn't turn bright white and ruin your zen like state just after finishing a session:) Plus we've introduced an easier swiping mechanism to view friends who've meditated with you.
Thank you to all our Android users for waiting patiently for this release. And thank you most of all to our 100 Android volunteer testers. Your patience, care and feedback has been invaluable.
With much gratitude